Sunday, April 30, 2006

April 21, 2006

Bleak grey walls
Surround everything
Like the grief of loss
The young man feels
Head bowed
Expressionless face
He approaches the grey clothed pulpit
His voice tells of his grief
Coloured light seeps
Through the stained glass
Giving light in the darkness
As reflections spark
Laughter over better times
Even in the darkness
There are smiles
Along with tears of grief.

-Robert Mackenzie, UHill

Shell are falling
Illuminating the night
Delivering a horrible mauling
We wont give up the fight
So we struggle ahead
Hoping not to number with the dead
Finally reaching the goal
With many lost along the way
Running along on cruise control
And now I’m to bored to play
So I save and go away


To big to fathom
Yet ever present like a shadow
Always lingering
Infecting all around us
Slowly overcoming
What happens next
No one can no
But those who have gone before
Is there heaven
Is there hell
Questions will be answered
But only time will tell

Footprints in the sand
Stretch out behind me
As the water slowly eats away at them
As I continue on
Those behind grow dim
Always looking a few feet ahead
Never taking more then a quick look back
Some are deep
Some are spaced apart
But big or small
They will all disappear
With the coming of the sea.

Robert Mackenzie, UHill


Piano

When I sit down to my piano play,
I fly on joyful wings of ivory,
To enter heaven’s door where once a day
I feel as if my soul has been set free.
The music speaks in thoughts too deep for words
In sounds that rise and fall with joy and pain,
Less like human speech than call of songbirds,
In summer mornings kissed by gentle rain.
I wish that I could leave my life behind,
My busy world of desks and homework due.
A place of rest and comfort then to find
Where my piano waits with spirit true.
Oh, God, have pity on that lonesome one
Who’s never lived in music’s golden sun.

-Sara Ye, UHill


Loneliness

I once saw a teenage girl,
Sitting at the back corner
Of the crowded bus by herself.
She was looking outside of the bus window
With her depressed and drowsy eyes,
And she was holding her own hands
Tightly.
Who would be the one to
Hold her hands with warmness
And fill her loneliness
With passionate love?

-Sara Ye, UHill

Life

Life is a Castle.
When you’re young, the doors seem huge, and won’t let you in.
The castle seem sharp and high, but you imagine the inside to be
Warm and filled with treasure.
But once you get inside, it’s dusty and cold,
And there’s a long staircase to climb.
Everybody except you seems to know their way around.
You have to decide yourself which door to enter, which stair to climb,
And some of them don’t even lead anywhere.
Yes, the castle is mysterious.

-Sara Ye, UHill

I Want To Fly


I want to fly
Like free birds in the big blue sky
To get away from this busy
And complicated place
To ignore everything
That I have to worry about
To leave behind any thoughts
That always wanders in my mind
And
To enjoy the carefree life
In the sky

-Sara Ye, UHill


Gordon Campbell’s Election Volunteer

A Room lit with studio lights, crowded with rich-scented suits
And happy laughter, I receive my mission:
We fan out into the lazy evening streets, breathless
And hopeful, overflowing with ambition.
We ask, “Have you voted?” And their faces are smiling and
Curious. “Yes”, or “I’m on my way.”
When the cameras flash; the Premier arrives, shines with
Confidence and success. The light catches the rim of his glasses.
His teeth and hair are white; his hand is large and warm.
He says, “Nice to meet you.”
-Sara Ye, UHill


Fashion God

I once had this classmate named Lyle.
He always dressed with such style.
Thought he could catch every eye
With his bright purple tie
But the girls all ran for a mile.

-Sara Ye, UHill


Gleaming Face


Slowly walking in space
Hoping of a new discovery
A new place, new life
Carrying three animals
In a lonely silent night

Following the bright shining star
To where it belongs
And then starting all over again!

Believing in it has got him this far
And his belief will continue
As long as he trusts the bright shining star

-Mohammad Amanian, UHill


Why War?


He walks around,
Looks everywhere
Thinks for a second
Faints for a second,
And says…

They think they are the best
Even though they’re not
So what? They got bomb, they got power
So what? We don’t have that
We have something better
A heart full of peace

Cities are just piles of dirt now
Full of blood
People hurt
Some are injured
Some are dead

How can I change it?
Maybe I can’t
But the world can
Stop the war!
Let’s have peace

But, why does it happen?
Just to showoff their power
Kill millions just for one person?
Why?
O…why?
Why War?

-Mohammad Amanian, UHill



Lost in a crazy place

I remember the crowd around me
Not knowing where I was
Where to go,
Trying to find a way

I remember hearing my name on the speakers
Frightened, thinking that someone’s out to get me
The idea of having no parents


I remember when I started running
Shouting my parent’s names
Trying to match someone with the image in my head
But no such luck

I remember when I hit someone
And there they were
My parents

I remember I couldn’t think
About living without my parents
Thus promising myself
Of never letting go

-Mohammad Amanian, UHill

Dance

Hunger,
My biggest weakness
Had finally reach upon me
It had to be stopped

Going to a restaurant
Was as if entering paradise
Walking along the noodle stream

Approaching the counter,
Ready to order,
It was hard not to notice her
After all, she took my order

There was music in the air
A symbol of joy and happiness
While I sat on the chair

Tapping my foot on the white tiles
In respect to the beat
Drinking from the cup
Was in fact enjoyable

She, the waitress
As if being invisible
Danced wildly
Enjoying herself

Until told to stop,
The while dance movements
Were there no more
Gone until next time
When she’s not a waitress no more!

-Mohammad Amanian, UHill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home