Monday, May 01, 2006

April 17, 2006

UNTOUCHABLE
Back once again, to this exact spot.
My cares captured and thrown away.
I'm left with only me
who I was, who I am, and who I will be
just to think and be at peace

Ripples swell like my thoughts,
fading out into nothingness
they cause me no frustration here
natural harmony, too strong,
is over ruling still

Shadows hang, as to shield me
from the real world.
It's tainted purity,
my enemy to forever be
cannot penetrate this haven

Serenity is calling out
for me to stay worry-free.
I can't leave, back to where
I came from, knowing the feelings
that may never return

No one can touch me
in this state of mind,
senses shut off to the
rest of the world.
My sanctuary

Mika Low, Killarney


EASIER TO RUN
I love to walk through the meadows,
and down by the wooded streams.
Reliving my past memories,
while renewing all my dreams.

Relaxing in harmony with nature,
so my mind won't be so stressed.
I'm so thankful for this time
I feel as though I'm blessed.

I lay back and start to drift,
to another place in time.
A world I'd love to live in,
a world that seems sublime.

All the cares of my world,
are lifted from my shoulder.
Could all this be an accident,
or is it that I'm growing older?

The comfort that i feel now,
in this solitude of thought.
Is worth more than anything,
for this escape i have long sought.

Jesse Mckay Killarney


OH SO HISTORICAL
The skies so pure,
the trees so high
with leaves hanging oh so green.
The water in the pond,
like the blood existing in our bodies.
This place so historical
and our culture so proud,

But behind all this,
lies something oh so historical.

What they witnessed, we will never see.
What they said, we will never hear.
How it flourished, we will never sense.
How they felt, we will never know.
But how they died, we will always remember.

Samantha Lai, Killarney Secondary School


A TALE OF LIFE
When the skies are dark and the room is empty
You lie there bare on the floor, naked, torn, alone
And you watch as the your own blood spills,
Tainting the white tiles.

The metallic smell trapped in your nose
Huddling closer, you feel lost.
How could someone you thought you knew
Hurt you like this?

The sense of their breath too sweet
Breathing against your neck,
Telling you oh so sweetly
That you’re the only one

Those passionate kisses against your numb skin,
No longer are you in control.
Now you know of this treacherous world
And what hides behind that gorgeous smile.
Those luring eyes that haunting beauty.

Samantha Lai, Killarney Secondary School


LOST IN A MAZE
Here I amin an inextricable maze.LostWithout knowing which way to go,Without knowing where I wanna go,
Here I amin an endless maze.Frightened.Standing and waiting for someonewho can help me get out.
-Jieun Kim, UHill


DO NOT HESITATE
Have wisdom to look back the timewhen you hesitated in a fright.
You trusted yourselfand that's why you reached up to here.
When you can't see what's going on,take a few steps forward.
No one knowswhat will happen in the future.
In that momentwhen you begin to step forward,In that momentwhen you begin to trust yourself,Your fear will disappear.
-Jieun Kim, UHill


LIFE IS A GAME
Life is a series of gamesWhch I am forced to play.
I always think of giving upYet I hate to be defeated even more.
If I can't avoid it,I should try to enjoy it.
If I should enjoy it,I'd rather love it.
I'm intoxicating to it nowI expect brand new items
I am adapted to the rules of gamesI am learning the new tactics.
Who says games are futile?
If it deserves to be fought,It also deserves to be won.
-Jieun Kim, UHill


WHAT A FRIENDSHIP IS ALL ABOUT
Taking any risk if we are together.Not making each other lonely.Tender concern about each other.Not hurting the feelings of each other.Willing to take any responsibility.Feeling kindness in each other's eyes.Smiling at each other.
It is different from love and purity.
Love is pink and attract people's sightPurity is white and stands out well.Friendship is colourlessand seems not too attractive, not so showy.
Love is pink, tend to lose coloursPurity is white, tend to be tainted.Yet friendship is transparent,tend to be with us eternallywith love and purity.
-Jieun Kim, UHill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home