Tuesday, May 02, 2006

April 28, 2006

THE COLISEUM
My body is shaking with excitement,
as I walk through the arches of a
passageway of a majestic building
called the Coliseum.
My heart beats faster and faster
as I walk up the steps.
I can see the people that once
sat there awaiting the arrival of the
brave Gladiators.
I can hear the roaring of their voices
and the growls of the wild cats
chained in the arena.
The anticipation of the crowd grows
with every waking moment that
passes by.
The battle between life and death is
a struggle to gain the audience’s
hearts.
In the top box,
there is one person that sits surrounded
splendors and food.
He decides the fate of the gladiators.
The games are know over,
all that there is left is the blood on the sand
and the echoes of screams.
Michaella Daillet
Killarney Secondary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home