Tuesday, May 02, 2006

April 30, 2006

Sun Tanning Turtles

On the rocks where the turtles lie
Side by side each shell went dry
They lay all around
Even in town
These cute little things will never die

cameron low

faded
it's the lost hope in your eyes
that won't let me forgive myself
the black and white photographs
that as the time passes
are fading like my memories of you
it's the unspoken words between us
that remind me why thing's will never be the same
the frayed edges of the pages in my spiral notebook
the only one left that
I can rely on always being there
it's this hollowing emptiness inside me
that's holding me back
and it's when those few moment of bliss
seem so far out of my reach

by Freda Li, UHill


rooftop
sitting on the cool rigid surface of the mossy rooftop
in silence
staring up at the dark
starless night sky
on the cold and insignificant night
hoping the worst was over.
by Freda Li, UHill
Imposter
he seraches the cold streets in silence
for a person he can be
scanning the stores
the shops and the malls
he wishes he were funny
born athletic or smart
he wants to be anyone
that is, but his own self
it's hard to deny
his true lack of friends
people he longed for
to be there by his side
when will this man
so confused of his identity
so desperate to please
realize that just being himself
is all that he really needs?

by Freda Li, UHill


deb
i have a friends named deborah vogt
she's so modest she'd never gloat
she always helps out
when I give her a shout
during tough times she keeps me afloat.

by Freda Li, UHill

"Blog ..
Log ..
Flog .."

Moan and groan
When we log into someone’s blog
Computer dialog about stupid cats
Blah, blah with more boring people facts!
Pictures of guy’s holding guns
And girls with way too much sun!
Once a tool for education
Now a method of language degregation
‘OMG’ – (Oh my God)
I LoOk LiKe A fRiCkIn frog!”
‘O RLY’ (oh really)
‘YEA RLY ’(yeah really…)
‘NO WAI’ (no way!)
‘Yeh SRSLY ‘ (yeah seriously. . . .)
‘oH plz’, with all this ‘chat’ speak,
. . Its got me ‘freaked’
to Log on
my Blog
to Flog my poem ..
-Jamie Auman, age 16
Killarney Secondary School

Kisses Kisses are like tiny little dew drops bouncing off your lips.
Kisses are irresable like chocolate.
Kisses so heart felt emiotion of love for someone. Katelynn Goulet, Templeton
All in my head I think its all in my head.
But I can't take this anymore.
Cause it all in my head and i dont want to think about it anymore.
Katelynn Goulet Templeton Let Down I've let you down.
Sorry for all the hurtfull things i've said.
Sorry for the hurtful things i've done.
I'm so sorry for letting you down.
Katelynn Goulet, Templeton Bruised I got cuts and bruises.
You lost all your excuses.
I cry alone .
I cry for peace and quiet.
So I run thru i shadow of doubt
holding my heart thats bleeding. Katelynn Goulet, Templeton Don't Know I donno what to do anymore.
My life is turning upside down.
I'm running slow behind you and i donno what to say.
Hope and Strength got me where I am today.
I donno if i have any self control.
Katelynn Goulet, Templeton
WORDS FROM THE BACK ALLEY

Past
I don?t know what happened.
Picturing what it looked like.
Reluctantly, give up.
I could only grasp the lease idea and picture of the past,
While the stinky smells enter my nose.

Present
I don?t understand what is happening.
Listening to the lecture of the know-it-all guide.
I could only speak silently within myself, that
how dare you pass on the duck to us?
Anyone, everyone, could make a difference if they wanted to.

Future
I don?t know what is going to happen.
Imagining what the alley would look like,
what the world would look like,
if all worked together to bring changes, only because
they believe in their causes.
Then I believe,
the world will be a better place.

Iris Hu, Killarney Secondary


NO ONE DESERVES TO LIVE THERE
It is old, dirty, and accompanied by an unpleasant scent
It is an area where no man shall live on
Living there is unfair to them since we all live in comfort
While they live in hardship and knowing they will spend the rest of
their
lives there
I can't ask for more in life

-anonymous, Killarney


LEAVING
Can not find any place
can not feel happy
I just want to find myself again
Wondering if I would ever return
to the place some part of me was left
only God knows

Rebeca Pina, Killarney SEcondary School


The smell of fresh air and soil,
And rain, the tender and abrasive creature that jump like a symphony on
streets, in paddles, and upon tree leaves.
Gently touching the greens,
Relentlessly washing away the petals.
And footprints.
The walk of time.
The whisper of sky.
The walk of my life.
I cry silently. I scream inside.
The hatred, weariness, and helplessness,
When I walk on this deserted boulevard,
Alone, in the rain.

Jennie Jiang, Killarney Secondary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home